Welcome to the Wisely Lab!
Our research group has diverse interests broadly in the field of applied ecology. We combine field ecology, molecular genetics and remote sensing to better understand ecological processes surrounding land use and land cover change. A large component of this research is dedicated to understanding how wildlife disease processes respond to changes in the environment.
Current Research Projects
- Spatial epidemiology of pseudorabies virus in feral swine in Florida (Hernández)
- Connectivity, movement and migration in North American Cattle Egrets (Moore)
- Host and tick ecology on Florida rangelands (Merrill)
- Biogeography of avian malaria (Ganser)
- Gut microbial ecology of white-tailed deer (Pothier)